Wednesday 23 January 2013

Both eastern and western dishes tonight

Occasionally I do cook 2 completely different meals for dinner at the same time.

Mostly either because the adults want something quite hot so I have to cook something else for the girls.

Or when I want to eat something completely different which I know no one else will like.

Like tonight for example, I want to eat my homegrown experiment which I know no one else will touch so kenalah masak benda lain for them.

The Other Half loves the roast potatoes I made on Monday nite and has been asking for it again!

Padahal baru aje hari Rabu kan so takkan lah nak eat the same thing again…

But since I want to eat my own food, I pun buat kan lah the roast potatoes for them again…

I wanted to serve crumbed fish with the roast potatoes but I takde stock crumbed fish in the freezer so terpaksalah tukar menu at the last minute.

Couldn’t decide on what meat to give them so I made something up from leftovers Smile….

Miss 13 tanya, “what’s the meat to go with the roast potato Mum?

I answered, “mystery meat…..” followed by an evil laugh, har har har (gaya Brad the ‘evil’ cat), hehehehe.

This was what I serve them for dinner tonite…

I told them to taste it first then figure out what kind of meat it is….

Semua muka seriau aje nak makan, muahahahahaha…..

IMG_3454

It doesn’t look that bad kan!

IMG_3455

Makan pulak dengan steamed veges and roast potatoes in sage and garlic butter, terus lah jadi bertambah2 sedapnya, hahahaha.

IMG_3457

It’s actually crumbed beef schnitzel which I sliced and put in a baking dish.

Then I mix some bolognese sauce with ricotta cheese and pour it on the sliced schnitzel. Then I just scatter some shredded colby on it and bake it in the oven alongside the roast potatoes.

I guess it’s a bit like parmigiana but caca marba version.

.IMG_3460

Everyone said it tasted delicious so tak kisah lah kan mystery meat ke tak, hehehehe.

Nasib baik takde sape nak komplen kena makan mystery meat from the leftovers Winking smile.

While they had that for their dinner, I had my own special dinner.

I made pecal but with kuah kacang instead of the real kuah pecal jawa style (sebab I takde cekur).

I beria sangat2 nak makan pecal sebab my experiment to grow my own beansprouts dah menjadi.

(Padahal kan, Mak I kat kampung tu setiap kali buat pecal, memang dia akan grow her own taugeh, sikit pun dia tak heran, hahahahaha).

IMG_3465

the bean sprouts are curly instead of straight like the shop-bought ones.

IMG_3472

My rojak had raw beansprouts, steamed broccoli, carrots, kacang panjang, tahu and keropok lekor.

IMG_3474

I grew the beansprouts guna method yang I jumpa kat blog Olive.

I told the girls and The Other Half, “No one’s allowed to touch this teapot. Do not try to make tea or coffee in it!

Hikhikhikhik….garang kemain Smile.

The Other Half says he loves this kind of beansprouts, so dia meratah mentah2 macam tu aje macam makan anggur, heeeeeee……

8 comments:

Fatimah Azzahra said...

yay...i found it interesting..will give a try =D
thanx

Mulan said...

waaahhh... pecal ada, mystery meat pon ada.. bila i nak pindah sebelah rumah u ni..?? i kalau taugeh tanam sendiri memang berani makan mentah2... yang beli tu mesti nak kena celur.. ngeeee..

Miss Cool said...

kalau baca blog mak mak ni memang rajin lah sumenye buat more than 1 menu nak puaskan tekak ahli pemakan yg lain dlm umah. i guess it comes in pakej. masa beranak ada urat putus n ada urat baru yg develop.urat rajin layan selera famili hahaha

Aida Salleh said...

Sis, mystery meat tu nampak super duper sedap....bilalah nak jadi jiran u ni...hehehehhee....

olive said...

i am so so surprise to see my name here! thanks sis LG! easy right to make the taogeh! i really like to read ur blog! especially ur garden & ur colorful dinner! U always said is so simple to make ur dish but is so hard for us...hahah...

UmmMaryam said...

sedapnya pecal!Siap ada keropok lekor lagi.

Puas cari keropok lekor, skrg mcm susah nk dpt aje. Mynn buat sendiri or beli kt mana?

Mixed-family in da house.... said...

Akak buat kuah kacang daripada kacang tanah ker @ 'expensive' beans? kalau kacang tanah, takder can lah miss 9 nak 'merasa' pecal tu jgk kan...ke dia tak teringin pon?

lemongrass said...

Fatimah,
it is really fun making the beansprouts :-)

Mulan,
kalau taugeh tanam sendiri, kita tau apa yg dia guna kan, hehehe. Naik aje tongkang, sampai lah kesini :-P

Miss Cool,
memang betul you ckp, masa bersalin dulu I rasa urat sabar I yg putus kot and diganti dgn urat melayan tekak anak2, hehehe

Aida,
my kids takut nak makan the mystery meat, tp you kata nmpk sedap, hehehe

Olive,
thanks for the info on how to make taugeh. I never knew it could be that easy! :-). Unfortunately my teko takde lubang2 kecik at the spout so bila I rinse the mungbeans and drain the water, a lot of the beans came out of the spout, hahahah. Next time I kena cari teapot yg ada that lubang2 :-)

Mazia,
keropok lekor bekal dr Msia! My family bawak tahun lepas and ada stock lagi, heeee

Mixed family in the house,
mesti lah buat dr kacang mahal, hehehe. Sbb dia sure nya teringin nak rasa :-)