Friday 22 February 2008


Little miss 4 1/2 spent the day at home again today. Luckily she didn't throw up last nite so we managed to get a full nite sleep, woohoo! When you haven't had a baby in the house for so long, you tend to cherish your uninterrupted sleep very much. We used to be able to function on 2 hours of sleep but not anymore...
Malam ni dinner kononnya baik sikit sebab semalam dah makan fish n chips. Hari tu beli soba noodles which is japanese buckwheat noodles. But yg I beli ni made in Australia,hehehe... Kononnya nak buat japanese soup with dashi and what not tapi tak confident lak lagi. Dalam banyak2 food yg I pernah cuba masak, japanese food ni yg I rasa paling tak confident nak masak, don't know why....

But since I've bought the soba noodles, I might as well use it first instead of buying some other noodles. Pikir punya pikir, buat mee goreng pun rasanya sedap jugak guna soba ni. Nak kata japanes dish pun bukan, malay dish lagilah bukan,hahaha...definitely fusion food my style. I added thinly sliced beef, sliced spring onions, julienned carrots, sugar snap peas and shitake mushroom. I only used the tiniest of oil to sear the beef first and thin soy sauce and a bit of kicap manis to flavour it. Itu yg perasan healthy compared to last nite's dinner. The other half was dreading tonite's dinner when I first told him what I was cooking since he's never had it before and he's not a big fan of noodles either (he's a rice man!). But he said it was surprisingly tasty for a noodle dish,hehehe... So, tonite's dinner was Soba Goreng aka Fried Soba.

No comments: