Wednesday 6 February 2008


I discovered a button on the camera today that makes the photos I take look so amazing. We've had this camera for more than a year but I've only just found out about the 'macro' button today. I feel like an idiot for not using this button since I started this blog. My dishes could have looked much yummier and much more appetising if only I had pushed the button! Well having a background in foodstyling would have greatly helped as well...but since I don't have that, I just have to rely on my ability to push the right button when taking my next photos.

For tonite's dinner, I wanted to make curry and rice since we haven't had it for a while now. My other half has been asking for curry for a few days already so I guess I should make it. He's worse than me when it comes to eating rice and curry. He's quite happy to have it every other day unlike me who's quite happy to only have it once a week. With my malay background, I guess I should be wanting rice everyday but that's not the case...

Whenever I cook curry for dinner, I have to make another dish for the kids because they don't eat chilli and we like our curries fiery. Normally I just make for them either chicken soup or 'masak kicap'. They love it so I'm happy!

Tonite's dinner is beef curry made with home made curry paste (indonesian style) using our very own chillies and lemongrass! I know they'll be useful one day ;-).

2 comments:

Liasari said...

oh wow, how i wish i could cook everyday like u. the curry look yummy...

lemongrass said...

I'm so lucky to be able to cook for my family everyday but it does get a bit monotonous at times...that's when I miss m'sia and its hawker stalls and the variety of gorgeous foods,hehe..