Tuesday 19 February 2013

The dish with no name.

We use a lot of beef mince in our meals.

(Well…..We means I use a lot of beef mince in my cooking, the rest just redha makan aje apa yang I hidangkan in front of them, hahahaha).

Once a week or kadang2 twice a week mesti ada mince in the menu.

I love beef mince sebab I can do so many different things with it and it is cheap as well.

And the mince yang I beli is quite lean, memang merah aje the appearance instead of penuh lemak.

The more fat in the mince, the paler it looks sebab fat is yellowish whitish in colour kan.

And I know the beef mince I buy tak banyak lemak sebab I do not have to drain the fat off during cooking.

People say, if you want to make burger/ rissoles/kebabs, it is much better to have a bit of fat in your mince so bila kita grill the homemade patties, tak lah dry sangat.

But I tak kisah, I just use the same tupe of mince in all my cooking, sedap jugak, hehehe.

Dah beli pun kat butcher yang sama, and he only makes one type of mince Smile.

Tonite’s dinner is another mince meal.

But when The Other Half asked me what is the name of the dish (because he has to log it in his daily food intake diary), I told him, “I have no idea”.

Miss 13 then said, “It’s typical Mum’s concoction. There’s no name for it.”

So, this is the dinner with no name….. Hikhikhikhik….

IMG_3844

(I bet you, there is a dish somewhere in this world that looks exactly like this and has a name kan, cuma I belum jumpa aje lagi, hehehehe….)

It’s basically a mince mixture on top of turkish bread.

The turkish bread I dah sapu dengan a bit of butter and humus before I letak the mince on top.

Then I tabur some roasted pine nuts, dukkah, sliced bocconcini, sauteed red onion on the mince mixture.

IMG_3847

Then I baked this dish with no name in the oven until the bocconcini cheese is slightly melted.

Then I topped it with runny fried egg, some more dukkah on the egg, chilli flakes and some mint leaves.

IMG_3850

My plate kena ada greens which I put as a base.

IMG_3856

Bismillah…….

IMG_3866

This is the best part, when the yolk runs everywhere onto the mince and the bread…..

Yummmmmmm………………

18 comments:

Flower said...

Nmpk sedap betul your dish with no name...

Yazreina said...

Kak LG why don't u create a name for it?? So it can become like... LG's minced bread or sumthing... Hihihihi

croft said...

Nampak mcm substitute to kacang pool lah, hehe

JaJa'Z said...

Kak min.. Dukkah tu apa ;)

norhanim md zain said...

selalunya menu kaum ibu ni x dak nama..sal masak ikut naluri and kepakaran.yg pasti mesti secukup rasa..sedap ni lagi banyak sayuran lagi best:-)









meera said...

Hampir2 mcm kacang pool la.. Tempting abis tuu..

emy said...

Cedap tu..sy kalu ada telur kuning cair2..mmg feveretlah...

Sarah and Fad said...

sis LG!! i think i saw 2 recipes that has humus and mince beef and bread/pizza base similar like that in taste.com.au while browsing few days ago. 1 is a pizza while another is a wrap klu x salah i. ehh kt taste.com.au ke kat bhg.com? either one lah sbb i browsed both. apa pon, mmg nmpk sgt sedap ur dish tu. nyum nyum.

rayyan haries said...

Samalah my mum..ada jer dish yg i wud never ever can replicate. Bila tanya..campak2 jer..haha..dish with no name. Looks interesting tuu! Balik malaysia nak start masak balik..gigih ni hah gi Thai Cooking school nak belajar..sedap n simple! Hihi...anyhow ckp congrats kat miss 9, so awesome for getting into the progm!

Kniedaz said...

Nampak mcm pizzza tapi ingredients berbeza..hehe..yg penting sedap dan habis dimakan sis!

norhidana said...

telur tu yg bt tak menahan... perkh

Cik Siti Hajar said...

akak.. dukkah tu apa ye?

Cik Sar said...

lepas tgk akak & hubby berjaya turunkan berat badan dengan hebat sekali, saya pun nk ikut la diet akak .. :) .. no rice tu ok je untk saya, tp tu le, x tau nak makan apa dah.. but after looking at ur dishes, terus terpikir nak ikut :) ..

lemongrass said...

Nora,
dish with no name and masak main campak2 ni lah yg best kan :-)

Yaz,
hahaha...sebab I malu nak glemer ni ;-P

Croft,
kacang pool guna kacang kan? yg ni tak guna kacang tu langsung :-)

Jaja,
dukkah tu makanan orang arab x silap. Dia campuran rempah2 and kacang hazel, pastu blend jadi mcm serbuk gitu.

Kak Hanim,
betul tu. Selalunya recipe campak2 yg kita buat, kita buat ikut selera keluarga sendiri kan. So, tu yg mmng kena sgt dgn tekak kita :-)

Meera,
lebih kurang kot tp takde guna kacang nya :-).

Emy,
Sama lah kita, klu ada telur goreng kuning cair, mkn dgn apa aje pun sedap :-)

Sarah and Fad,
Ada ye? Tu lah I ckp, sure nya ada recipe mcm ni kat dunia ni, hehehe. I tak sempat nak browse taste semalam nak cari idea for dinner sbb busy giler. Tu yg pakai letak aje, nasib baik jadi :-)

Rayyan,
Mak2 memang terer kan bab2 creating dishes yg main campak2 and takde nama ni. I guess we hv to be creative to survive, hehehe.
Wahh...best tu belajar thai cooking, sure dah terer kan! :-)

Kniedaz,
tu lah, I rasa ni a mixture of pizza, wrap, bolognese and segala benda :-)

Dana,
telur goreng memang menjadi pujaan I setiap masa, hehehe

Hajar,
Dukkah tu makanan arab. Dia campuran rempah2 and kacang hazel yang dah dipanggang, pastu blend ala2 breadcrumb mcm tu. Pastu tabur atas apa2 yg kita nak :-)

Cik Sar,
we all makan jugak rice, maybe once or twice a week. But memang portion control, tak makan tambah2 and makan banyak sayur. And hari2 kena exercise 30-45 minutes :-).

H O N E Y said...

The story of turkish bread with it friends; mince beef, salad, fried egg, etc. :D

Adell's Closet said...

Perghhhhh..sedapnya kak..dahla i on diet ni..waaaaaaa xtahan!!

Cik Nina said...

Assalam...

Entah macam mana I was directed to your blog but I am so glad I had! Sedapnya nampak makanan ni.. macam pizza... bruschetta pun ada... yummy... that gives me idea on what to have for the weekend :)

lemongrass said...

Honey,
the very vest story sebab it involved food, hahaha

Adell,
I pun on diet gak, tu yg konon2 letak the bread and mince and egg on a bed of salad, konon kureng lah sikit the calories, hahaha

Cik Nina,
Waalaikumsalam. thanks for dropping by ye. I love bread so bila makan macam ni, it makes my heart and tummy sing, heeee :-)