Thursday 13 March 2008

Tonite we visited the land of China in our culinary journey. But as usual with my dishes, banyak yg dah ditokok tambah from the original recipe depending on what I can find in my fridge, pantry and around the garden. I had some leftover minced beef from making the bolognese last nite. Not enough to make a proper meal out of it but enough to make wonton filling. I think the meat normally used for orginal style wontons are either chicken or pork mince but since I dont eat pork and I didn't have any chicken mince in the freezer, tu yg tukar resepi cara sendiri, hehehe...

Last nite we had the Italian dumplings in the shape of gnocchi. Malam ni we had the chinese dumplings in the shape of wontons. I think wonton in Cantonese means 'swallowing clouds'. I got this form wikipedia anyway, hehehe...So, we had our wonton Cantonese style, in a soup with thin noodles which is called wonton noodle soup. The soup is normally chicken soup but since I didn't have any chicken pieces in the freezer, I used thinly sliced beef instead. Told you it's my version of wonton noodle soup! And selalunya orang letak bok choy dlm soup tu tapi yg ada cuma silverbeets from the garden so kenalah guna that as the vegetable. Silverbeet ni lebih kurang mcm bayam lah but milder in taste in my opinion.

Seronoknya skrg ni sbb banyak sayuran from our own backyard garden yg I've been using in my dishes like the cherry tomatoes, silverbeets, daun limau purut, daun kesum, chili, mixed salad leaves, basil, coriander, parsley, serai....Sekarang ni nak tunggu capsicum, terung, sugar snap peas, kacang panjang, kunyit, halia berbunga dan berbuah. Tak sabar rasanya...

No comments: