Tuesday 18 March 2008

I'm back in the kitchen tonite after a really lazy nite last nite. Tonite, we flew to Austria / Germany for the origin of our dinner. We had chicken schnitzel with chips, salad and bread rolls. Schnitzel is a thin slice of meat coated in breadcrumbs and fried. The original name is wiener schnitzel which is a thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and then fried. But I made a different version of schnitzel which is famous in Australia as a pub food called parmigiana.

Basically, first I used breast fillet which I pounded using meat mallet until thin. Then dipped them in seasoned plain flour, then in egg and then in breadcrumb.Sbb nak kurangkan lemak, I panfried the schnitzel instead of deep fried. Pastu, put the schnitzelon a plate, pour a bit of pasta sauce on it, then top it with grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese, then grill it until the cheese melts. You can serve it with fries and salad or just it eat like that.




For the little misses I made them schnitzel burger to have with chips. They like the burger more than the parmigiana.

No comments: