Wednesday 25 March 2009

There's going to be an assembly tomorrow morning at the Little Misses'school. And kali ni the Other Half and I berkobar2 nak pergi sebab Miss soon-to-be-10's class will be performing in a short play and Miss soon-to-be-10 will be the narrator. Semalam when she got back from school, she told me that she needs a costume for the play and she had to take it to school today! What??? Dia ingat I ni magician ke boleh magicked up a costume just like that (or maybe dia ingat I ni a professional tailor in my secret life, hehehe). Then she said she needs a white dress which resembles old egyptian costumes. I asked her, "how does an egyptian costume look like?". Then she said, "Mummy, you can just google it!" Pandailah anak I tu, costume dia I pulak yang nak kena google, hehehe. Anyway, after much thinking and racking our brains, we came up with a solution which she's happy with :-). Nasib baik lah dapat Mummy yang creative kan ;-). Tak sampai hati pulak I nak suruh Miss soon-to-be-10 to go as an egyptian mummy which only needs rolls and rolls of toilet paper aje to make the costume, hehehehe..... But I bet you she would look cute as a mummy, hahahahaha........


And after the assembly, macam biasalah ada cake stall and this time turn Miss soon-to-be-10 pulak to bring something. And seperti biasalah, I buat chocolate cupcakes yang sudah tentunya akan habis dijual. Kids and chocolates memang lah ngam, hehehe.... The cupcakes are still baking in the oven and esok pagi baru lah I akan mendeco them a bit.


Sejak petang tadi my oven hasn't stopped working. Petang tadi I made semolina bread (with the help of my trusty breadmaker of course :-)) but oven-baked, then I baked lamb meatballs for the Little Misses' dinner, then sambung pulak masak canneloni for our dinner, pastu sambung pulak masak cupcakes. Penat weh oven tu, sekali sekala di 'switched on', terus berjam2 tak berhenti, hehehe....

This is the semolina bread. I jus used the normal white bread recipe but replaced a bit of the flour with semolina. Roti tu rasa crunchy a bit because of the semolina which I really like. Makan dengan butter aje pun sedap sangat, hehehehe.... Ye lah kan, roti fresh memang lah sedap :-).

This is our dinner, meat filled canneloni with semolina bread and salad. The same mince mixture that I used to make the meatballs, I used it to fill the canneloni tubes. Kira 2-in-1 lah :-).

12 comments:

Lina said...

i wanna see her costume! =)

lemongrass said...

Hi Lina,
esok I tangkap gambar,hehehe...Siap dgn mekap2 sekali ye ;-)

ain said...

LG..nmpak gebu roti u. Ada BM senang kan.

P/s..jgn lupa picture of the costume.

Ms Red Hat said...

mynnnnnnnn... you ni memang superwoman balik kerja sambung lagi kerja dapur and managed to prepare so many things within such a short time and entertain your kids lagi. My hats off to you dear. make sure you take loads of Miss 9-10 pix when she dons the costume

pardon me for asking - what on earth is canneloni tube???

lemongrass said...

Kak Ain,
mmng snng ada BM ni, tak payah susah2 nak menguli.Tadi I tinggal masukkan semua dlm BM, pastu switched it on, then pegi kedai sekejap then pergi ambil the kids at school.balik tu dah cantik jadi dough n naik tinggi,hehehe....

Salina,
how r you?Bz lagi ke?Takpe,easter holidays dah around the corner so you'll be back in M'sia very soon :-). Alah, mana ada superwoman, time management aje yg kdg2 bagus sikit,hehehe....Canneloni tube is pasta yg mcm pipe tu, so u can fill it with any filling u like and then bake it like u bake lasagna :-)

Mother of Two said...

jauhlah kak.. kalau tak boleh gak pos arabic costume for anak akak yg cumel tu... kat sini berpinar bijik mata tgk costume yg cantik2.. cuma kiter takleh pakai sbb byk lemak dibadan:)

MamaFaMi said...

Uiksss sedapnya roti!

masz_73 said...

LG, anak pon dah tau mummy dia kan magician a.k.a nenek kebayan so sumer bole buat... on d spot lagi.. kekkeke... cuma penyapu magic dia jer yg x de kalo x sure dh angkut mummy kat pyramid tu jugaks.. hehehhe... :P

p/s.x sabo nk tgk "kemagikan" u tu... kekekke :P

MzJumanJi said...

x sabar nak nengok costume ur litle miss yg sgt cute..hope to see them grow up on d net...heheheh..post byk2 yer pic dia...chinese look girl with egyption costume..woow

lemongrass said...

Shiela,
klu costume fr there mmng sahih2 lah authentic nya ye,hehehe...

MamaFami,
roti fresh ni mmng sedap kan,mkn mcm tu aje pun boleh abis 1 buku,hehehe

Masz,
Anak I tu memang, perasan sekejap Mummy dia ni ada super power kot,hehehe... Magic I tak berapa menjadi lah so tak lah cantik mana,wehehehe....

MzJumanji,
klu dah cute tu, pakai apa pun cute jugak ye,hehehe... ;-)

Liasari said...

LG,
kat sini i x jumpa lg canneloni tubes tu. once i tried to roll lasagna sheet konon nak wat mcm canneloni lah tp semua terbuka semula.

lemongrass said...

Lia,
Takde ye kat sana. San remo ada buat canneloni ni. I tak pernah guna lasagna sheets tu sbb takut jadi mcm u lah, takut terburai isi perut :-).