Thursday 19 June 2008

Since Telkom Malaysia still still hasn't replaced the cable LG is still in communicado from the rest of the world. But she has managed to call me from a mobile and is going to dictate her blog to me (you can't imagine how happy I am to be spending my time in Adelaide acting as a secretary while she is living it up in Kampung). By the way she has said she isn;t going to spell any of the Malay words because I should know a Malay by now.

"Hello everyone, guess what happened to me today at the Pasa Malam. An old lady came up to Miss 9 and started pinching her cheek saying 'Cantik'. Turning to me she said 'sapa ni?' 'Adik ke?' I said 'tah lah anak saya' and the lady said with a look of disbelief 'tepulah ta kan anak!'. It's either I look so young to be their mum which is good I guess [yeah right!] or I look so different [yeah lah they look like me!] which I think is probably the reason. No matter what I said she wouldn;t beleive me, even when I said to Miss 9 'who am I' and she said'my mum!'. And then the old lady asked me 'deaorang tingal ka mana?'. I answered 'ka Ustraliah'. But what really peeved me was then she said 'Oh awak ikot deaorang duduk sana jaga budak budak ni'. I replied indignantly 'Lah... masti lah! Dah ermak dia, tak kan tak ikot' [I original wrote ikan but I don't think that makes sense]. And then I rolled my eyes, but in the end my mum had to tell her before she would believe.

I think my secretary is getting tired of writing for me [you bet I am], but I want to thank him for helping me [she hasn't read it yet], and I miss writing my blog very much. Please hang in there the quality will improve when the internet is available here [thanks alot, maybe they like my writing]. Just ignore anything my other half tells you that I haven't told him to tell you, it's all lies. If he wrote anything rude in Malay it's not what I said, he just can't spell [I am here you know]."

LG wanted me to add that you should rate my Malay, I would rather you didn't, I have enough trouble with English. But they sound like they are having fun. The kids having got so excited about going are kind of waiting for the exciting stuff to start. But the weekend should be good with all the cousins coming. Hopefully the internet will be up soon, because I sure am not going to play secretary every night (not unless I can wear the dress and high heels). Sorry if anything didn't make sense.

Goodnight.

6 comments:

Liasari said...

i didn't know reading malay wud be so fun! *lol* but you did a gud job mr LG. thanks for blogging on behalf so that we can catch up with how LG & the missess r doing.

sam said...

Hi Kak LG ! Ive been a silent reader all this while...tapi tak tahan gelak baca both entries from your better half !! He really have a good sense of humour ! His Malay, I would say, is NOT BAD at all !! Ala-ala Malay zaman dulu-dulu...hehe..anyway, hope you'll be back blogging soon...sama macam I...rindu kalau dah lama tak blog !BTW, knew abt your blog from Kak hani, Japan...

-sam-

masz_73 said...

Thanks to Mr other/better half for the info.. i rasa u akan faham my malay.. your malay OK.. untuk omputih mcm u.. but sorry mmg i ketawa bila baca.. :P

to LG bertuahnye badan dapat secretary free mcm ni kan!! :D

nabialishad said...

wakakakaka i should say MR LG...u make a good joker know? you both such a sweet couple laaa!!!

i bet you also can't wait to fly to Malaysia eh..keep your writing MR SECRETARY..u do a good job..hahaha..

psssttt LG...la macam mana boleh hilang cable itu mehh..but alhamdulillah u n misses dah sampai Ijok eh..enjoy yourself yang eh..

lemongrass said...

lia,
tu yg dia perasan terer sesgt skrg ckp n tulis in Malay tu,hehehe... I angguk aje lah kan sbb nanti dia merajuk tak nak jadi my secretary lagi, susah lah I, hehehe

Hi Sam,
kak hani did mention about u nak 'jodoh'kan anak2 bujang dia dgn anak2 dara I,hehehe... Campur abis terus nanti..mat saleh, jawa, melayu n jepun :-)

Masz,
dia boleh phm sikit2 apa kita ckp esp klu tgh 'mengutuk' dia,hehe...Ini Secretary bukan gaji bayar pakai duit ;-)

Intan,
Nasib baik our sense of humour lebih kurang so tu yg bole 1 kepala,hehe... Klu tak, susah gak kan nak hidup sama2 ni :-)

dari~ummie said...

salam kak min,
i just love to read your blog..so funny and so much laugh having a blog walking when it comes to your family's stories..=)
sweet sangat..salam kenal kak min ya..