Thursday 31 January 2008


Last nite, I really felt like eating chicken soup, malay style. God knows why but since it was already 11 o'clock at nite and I was just too comfortable in bed, the craving had to be subdued until dinner tonite. There are so many different versions of chicken soup out there but I guess for everyone, the one that they grew up with will always be their favourite. Since I'm a Malay and grew up with a spicier kind of chicken soup, that's what I was craving for. Hence, tonite's dinner was Chicken soup eaten with rice and vermicelli noodles (suun) and my favourite sambal kicap. The kids opted not to have the sambal with it, wise decision I think! I could have eaten bowls of it but since I'm supposed to be eating healthily, I had to stop at 1. The sheer willpower needed for that...My other half had another commitment at dinner time so he was spared the chicken soup and sambal kicap torture. With him not being a Malay, the chicken soup and sambal kicap combination is still a bit strange for him eventhough we've been married 12 years! Dont get me wrong, he eats other sambal with gusto. Hope this chicken soup looks as enticing to you as it did to me.

No comments: